The Media Platforms programme analyses the requirements that telecoms operators and communications service providers (CSPs) have in the evolving TV/media landscape with new distribution and engagement models (OTT/IP, super-aggregation) and new forms of content (cloud-gaming, AR/VR). Our research helps operators, CSPs and vendors to translate these requirements into the changes needed in content management, optimisation, monetisation and delivery infrastructure.
- Edge computing and 5G: the role of edge computing and 5G in enabling media and entertainment services.
- Cloud transformation: the rise of SaaS and cloud-based platform models; opportunities and threats for vendors.
- Video service ecosystems: integrating third-party OTT media propositions into operator and CSP services.
- Cloud gaming: operators’ and CSPs’ role in enabling cloud gaming services, and necessary infrastructure and delivery technology and QoS/QoE requirements.
- Addressable advertising: technology strategies for operators and CSPs to capture an increased share of advertising revenue.
Public edge computing: the opportunity for third-party CDN providers
Video and identity platforms: worldwide forecast 2020–2025
Video and identity platforms: worldwide market shares 2019